Congratulations, you’re getting married! Many changes are ahead as you prepare for your big day and your transition to husband and wife. Don’t know what to expect? Here are some facts and figures to get you started:
- Seventeen tons of gold are made into engagement and wedding rings each year in the United States!
- Average Cost of Engagement Ring: $5,598
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- The average age at marriage for Americans has been on the rise in recent years. As a result, it is becoming more common for couples to own more than one home when they marry.
- Average age at marriage: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Cost of Wedding Venue: $13,385
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,281
- Average Cost of Wedding Cake: $546
- Average Cost of Wedding Photographer: $2,440
- Total average cost of wedding: $29,858 (excludes honeymoon)
Whether covering your engagement ring, insuring your combined household, or helping prepare for your financial future, your Farm Bureau agent knows know to ensure you have the right coverage as you begin your new life together.